Sunday, August 24, 2008

SF Trip, Photos II: Places


I love Ocean Beach in San Francisco. It's so huge, and it's usually so uncrowded (of course, we were there on Friday, and more people -- and their dogs -- show up on weekends). Just smelling the sea air does me good.

Here's one looking down the beach. It was one of those misty moisty days when the sea and sky blend, when you feel like you're wrapped in a cocoon of surf and seabreeze. The only problem with Ocean Beach is that it's difficult to recognize "exits." We always access the beach from Judah Street and walk for a while in one direction before heading back. On the return trip, all the little paths up to the street look alike, so we inevitably wind up leaving the beach too soon and walking on the sidewalk for a while. That's fun too, though, because you get to watch people on bikes and parents pushing strollers.

Yeah, so I got a little lazy in the landscape picture department. I could have taken pictures of the huge hills our friend Larry drove us (and his wife Laura, and their two daughters and their niece) up and down. The children were thrilled! I could have take pictures of the lovely park where the wedding was held.

But I didn't. I just took pictures of the beach, because I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely shots of great beach weather. I've not had the chance to spend time on the beach of late but loved to as a child.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.