Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun With Technology


Our land lines went down tonight, so I (and later Gary) spent quite a bit of time on my cellphone with a kind, patient AT&T rep -- who also seemed competent, hurrah! -- to try to get them working again. We think everything's fixed now, but a tech's coming by the house tomorrow just to make sure.

This is one of those times when I really appreciate having a cellphone.

On that subject, I'm still drooling over smartphones. Verizon doesn't support iPhones, but does support CrackBerries -- er, BlackBerries -- so Gary and I will probably stop by our friendly local Verizon store sometime this weekend to check them out. Based on online reviews, I'm leaning towards a Curve 8330. If anyone has better recommendations, please let me know!

My basic requirements are: decent audio quality for both phone and music, decent battery life, camera, QWERTY keyboard, and user-friendly e-mail/internet options.
Oh, and I don't want to spend the moon.

(Can one blog from a BlackBerry?)

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. "Can one blog from a BlackBerry?"

    Yes, but the Internet contract isn't that much less than the AT&T one.

    Many also come with GPS, games, and other distractions, including the complete sacrifice of your "free time."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.