Sunday, August 17, 2008

Three More Crumbs

I've always been much more generous with time than with money, but the Modest Needs project has energized me. So, with Gary's approval, I'm now making the same size monthly donation to Doctors Without Borders (in honor of my father, who feels the injustice of global poverty acutely), The Humane Society of the United States (in honor of my mother, who loves animals), and First Book (in honor of Gary's mom, who works in the children's room of her local library and leads writing workshops for the kids).

These are pittances -- I'm nowhere close to anything resembling, for instance, a tithe -- but it's more than I was doing before. And I hope to increase the amounts a little bit every year.

And crumbs, of course, can do a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.