Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Little Stuff

Today we had a 3.0 quake while I was in my office. I felt my couch shaking, but that was it. I'm getting more used to the small quakes, although I certainly hope we don't have a big one!

My Dansko shoes came today, and I love them. They seem to fit perfectly. I've been wearing them for the past hour. I'm sure there will be a breaking-in period, but I foresee a long and happy partnership here.

In knitting news, I'm working on two projects: a birthday gift for a friend and the first of many Christmas projects. I hope I can get them all done by Christmas!

I've been badly behind on writing columns for the "Faith and Health" newsletter the Church Health Center will start publishing later this year. The editor, John Shorb, asked me to contribute a regular column based on my blog, which was more than a little flattering. He wanted twelve (a whole year's worth of content) by May 1, but as of the day before yesterday, I only had seven, even though I had plenty of ideas!

I wrote number eight yesterday and number nine this morning, and hope to write number ten tonight. Eleven and twelve are slated for tomorrow and Friday, respectively. These things are immense fun to write, but I've been bad about budgeting my time! I hope John will forgive me the deadline slippage.

My last set of classes is Monday; I give a final the following Friday and have a final party/reading for my fiction workshop the Monday after that. In the meantime, there are lots of meetings and events at work. Two weeks from tomorrow, we fly back East -- God willing and the airline doesn't go bankrupt -- for our niece's wedding. Gary will be flying straight back here, but I'll be detouring through Madison for WisCon, where I'll see Inez.

It's nice to lead a full life, when I have enough energy!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I'm so glad you have such an active life. I've recently discovered the killer that inertia can be when dealing with depression. Sounds like you've got that monster under control even if your schedule isn't all you'd like it to be.

    Can't wait to hear more about WisCon. Is there a story about how you got involved with this convention?



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.