Monday, April 21, 2008


Harley, who isn't ordinarily a lap cat, loves to rest under (or preferably on) my knitting. Today I got this shot of him cuddling under my latest shawl, which is almost finished; this is the one for my cousin Scott's wife.

Figaro shows no interest in knitting. Bali likes wool, but scorns the acrylic I'm using here.

Harley looks decidedly annoyed at having his photo taken; he got off my lap, in a huff, shortly after I snapped this picture.


  1. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Cats and yarn. What's wrong with that?
    Nice feather and fan/old shale pattern, there, too.

  2. Thanks, Inez! I love feather and fan. Do you know about the cats' paw lace pattern? I'm going to try that when I get brave enough!

  3. I love the pattern, Susan !
    And the cat is simply gorgeous :-)

  4. Aw, Susan, that look on Harley's face is so expressive. Poor camera pestered kitty. :)

    Lovely shawl! Very nice colors and that curve pattern is fascinating.


  5. Anonymous5:17 AM

    I started a scarf that was all cat's paw, with now intervening rows. Drove me nuts and got pulled out. Grrrr.
    What yarn brand/type is that shawl in? it's very pretty.

  6. Thanks, Elizabeth and Lee!

    Inez, the yarn is Kertzer Marble, which comes in a number of gorgeous shades. It's 100% acrylic, but soft, easy to work with, and machine washable/dryable. I love it! AND it's inexpensive, usually around $5.00 for a 240-yard skein. It's a DK weight; I work it on size 7 needles, although it would probably work on larger ones.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.