Well, I *thought* about taking notes, but it would have cut into my knitting time.....
Actually, at a different panel, I was crocheting a dishcloth out of bright, multi-colored cotton. The woman sitting next to me admired both the cloth and my skill, so when I finished it, I gave it to her. She was thrilled. When I explained it was a cotton dishcloth, she said, "oh, it's much too nice to use for that." I have this vision of a cheap cotton dishcloth being used as a doily at her house. But hey, it made her happy :) Inez
Eh, you flatter me by styling it a "transcript." As I remarked in my "It's Not About Identity" notes, there's a couple of more experienced bloggers (ljists?) who I think take more substantial notes . . . but thanks!
Former English professor, changing careers to go into social work. SF/fantasy writer. Episcopalian. Licensed lay preacher. Hospital volunteer offering spiritual care in the ER. Spinner, weaver, knitter.
And a few other things, less easily labeled. The title of this blog is a phrase John Clute used to describe the plots of my first two novels. It both amused and annoyed me, and I finally decided to reclaim it as a badge of honor. Would you prefer rickety contrivances of doing bad?
Well, I *thought* about taking notes, but it would have cut into my knitting time.....
ReplyDeleteActually, at a different panel, I was crocheting a dishcloth out of bright, multi-colored cotton. The woman sitting next to me admired both the cloth and my skill, so when I finished it, I gave it to her. She was thrilled. When I explained it was a cotton dishcloth, she said, "oh, it's much too nice to use for that." I have this vision of a cheap cotton dishcloth being used as a doily at her house. But hey, it made her happy :)
Inez
I'm with you: protect that knitting time!
ReplyDeleteI got a lot of knitting done on the Gabbs trip yesterday, since Sharon graciously drove in both directions despite my offer to spell her.
Eh, you flatter me by styling it a "transcript." As I remarked in my "It's Not About Identity" notes, there's a couple of more experienced bloggers (ljists?) who I think take more substantial notes . . . but thanks!
ReplyDelete