Friday, June 27, 2008

Mom's Birthday Present

My mother will be eighty-three on July 6. Before I left for Chicago, I sent out the package with her birthday gifts: a cat's paw lace scarf I knitted for her, a white t-shirt to show off the pattern, and some pretty matching blue earrings (which don't show up in this photo, unfortunately). She liked everything very much, and my sister sent me a bunch of pictures of Mom wearing the ensemble, but I've been informed that this is the only photo I'm allowed to post. If I post any of the others, I'll be disinherited.

In other news, my sister's gotten back into crocheting, so now we'll be able to shop for yarn together. Bwah-hah-hah!

Happy early birthday, Mom! I love you!


  1. An early Happy Birthday, to your mom, Susan.

    The scarf looks lovely! I like the length it shows on your mother. One of my problems with scarves has been that some of them are just too short to look proportional on me. Your mom has a nice look with the length you made that one. :)

    That's a lovely picture of her btw. I think I can see the family resemblance.


  2. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Lovely work, Susan. And lovely mother! Happy birthday!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.