Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yarn! Yarn! Yarn!

My favorite local yarn store is having their biggest sale of the year: 50% off all yarn, books and needles. The sale started at 10:00 this morning. I got there at 9:55, and I wasn't the first person inside. By the time I left at 11:00 -- they wind skeins into balls for free, and I had a lot of skeins! -- the parking lot was more crowded than I've ever seen it.

I bought a lot of yarn, enough to handle all my Christmas knitting. I'm set for the summer. And oh, it's yummy stuff! Mostly all wool! Gorgeous solids, heathers and tweeds! Plus a 300-yarn skein of brightly hand-dyed variegated thick-and-thin wool. (Gary's comment was, "You have to wear sunglasses when you look at that stuff!")

My stash box is full, yarn interspersed with lavender sachets to keep away moths. At some point I'll invest in a cedar chest, but that would mean less money for yarn. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, it was a very decadent shopping spree, but all the yarn will get used, and most of it will become gifts. And it makes me deliriously happy. If the Spring Equinox is when we descend into the underworld, my knitting is the thread that will keep me tied safely to home.

Meanwhile, I've now taught my last classes before spring break, although I still have several significant chunks of work to finish before we leave.

But I have new yarn! Life will go on!

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you got so much yarn so inexpensively, Susan! Hope you find a cedar chest soon. Mine was my grandmother's hope chest and it lovely, large and has wheels. I store bedding in it.

    So how many days till you get to go to Kauai? Do you have any images of the place you'll be staying to share?



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.