Saturday, March 22, 2008

And We're Off!

I survived the Dreaded Week (I got a lot done, too), and in forty minutes, we're heading to the airport. The house is a mess -- my portions of it, anyway -- but I hope our catsitter will forgive us. The cats certainly don't mind.

Supposedly our resort has wifi, but that's been true other years and it hasn't worked too well. So I don't know how much internet access I'll have. I'll post if I can and if I feel like it: I may just dissolve into a large pile of goo when we get there.

We're both bringing Too Much Stuff. Someday I'll learn to pack lightly, but this isn't that day.

The Dreaded Week actually, knock wood, went better than it often has, with the glaring exceptions that both Mom and my cousin are back in the hospital. Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, since I had two large last-minute work things to do, and then I found out Mom was in the hospital, and then there was a mini-crisis (now resolved) at work. Good Friday services were, well, Good-Friday-ish. Friend #2 and I smiled and waved at each other and had no other contact. One of our parishioners, in his anthem meditation, talked about the cosmic-injustice patient who died at the hospital (whom, it turned out, he knew, and who helped him once when he was feeling down). That threw me, I have to say. When I told Gary about it later, he said, "Oh, man. You can't get away from it!" But it's just a reminder that in many ways, this is still a small town.

Okay, must turn the computer back over to Gary. Have a wonderful Easter, everyone, and a great week. If you don't hear from me, I'll make a full report when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travel, Susan & Gary. And Happy Easter. I wonder how they celebrate it in the Islands?

    Peace! Hope! & Joy!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.