Friday, January 18, 2008

My Very Own Shawl


Last night I finished making a shawl for myself. Here it is! It's the same yarn I used in my sister's shawl, but a different colorway: this one includes green, orange, red and purple, in vibrant shades that don't show up as well as they could here. (If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll get a better idea.) The shawl is nice and cozy, and will be just the thing to keep me warm in my slightly chilly office at work.

In other knitting news: I'm waiting for some yarn I ordered so I can finish my mother-in-law's shawl.

Today I started knitting my friend Alex's shawl. It's a different pattern than I've used before, and I'm ambivalent about it, but Gary really loves it, so I'll keep going.

I've also started experimenting with knitting simple lace, like the feather and fan stitch. I'll probably do a shawl or scarf in that, at some point (in fairly heavy, earthy wool, since I'm definitely not a delicate-pastel-doily person).

I gave my nephew a balaclava for his birthday, but never managed to get a picture of him in it. My own balaclava's still unfinished: I have it at work, so I'll work at it a bit at a time when I have a few free minutes.

Have I mentioned that I love knitting?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for knitting! Your shawl is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous shawl and a really great picture of you! You are getting so GOOD at this! I didn't know you could do fan stitches in knitting. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

    I noticed your jewelry. Beautiful and that's an interesting necklace. Are there any stories to go with your rings or necklace?

    Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.