Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Nice Publishing News


Today my agent told me that we've gotten an offer for the Italian rights to Flying in Place. I'm unlikely to see any great amount of money from this, but it was still a nice bit of news. It's always nice to acquire a new international audience, and it's always fun to see what your work looks like in another language. So far, the only other country in which FliP has been published is Japan, where as far as I can tell, it sank without a trace. (The Japanese edition looks very cool, though.)

So I celebrated by buying yarn: four skeins of James C. Brett marble in colorway MT3. I hope that will be enough to make a shawl, although I won't be able to get to it until March, since there are three projects ahead of it. (I bought a book about knitting socks before I left Reno; Gary shook his head and said, "When are you going to have time for this? You have shawls planned into the next century!") I know I swore I'd never work with acrylic again, but this stuff was so gorgeous that I just had to have it. It was inexpensive, too.

In the meantime, my sister bought me a pair of these hilarious Knit Lites, which allow one to knit in the dark; my father kept teasing me about staying up all night to knit, so she thought the flashlight needles would be appropriate.

And in fact, I'd already ordered a NekLight to make it easier to knit in low light conditions, like during movie night. Obsessed? Who, me? But seriously, most of my worst knitting disasters have happened when I was trying to knit in insufficient light, so I'm eager to keep that from happening again.

I'm back at my sister and mother's house now. It was sad saying good-bye to my dad, but I'm glad we had such a good visit, and I hope he'll be in Reno before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.