Thursday, January 03, 2008

And Away We Go (With Luck)

I've been mostly offline for the past two days because I'm getting ready to fly to Philadelphia tomorrow; part of this meant writing and organizing my annual-evaluation materials, since I'll be out of town on the actual deadline. I got that large project delivered this afternoon, and then came home to start frantic packing. The cats helped, natch.

I'm just hoping I get off the ground tomorrow: we're expecting a huge storm here, with lots of wind and rain tomorrow morning (turning to lots of snow later in the day). I leave at 6:15 a.m., but if the wind's too fierce or the snow comes early, things could get tricky. If I can get out of Reno, I should be fine, since I'm flying through Phoenix rathr than the dreaded Denver or Chicago.

The early departure means that I have to get up at 3:30 a.m., though. Groan.

And so to bed! I'll post as I'm able in Philly, but it's likely to be spotty.


  1. You've timed your trip to Philly well: after a few days of sub-freezing temperatures (in the daytime!), we'll be going into a warming trend this weekend. (Hooray!) Hope you have a lovely time out here!

  2. Congratulations on getting so much accomplished Susan! Have a safe trip.


  3. Someday I want to go to Philly. Just for a day, passing through, or something. I don't care about the city much, but I really want to try the cheesesteak egg roll, featured in this Language Log post:


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.