Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sordid Confession


I'm not going to the caucus today.

Yes, I know: this is a shameful dereliction of my duties as a citizen, directly contradictory to everything I say about getting involved in the world, yada yada. I'm still not going.

For one thing, I have too much else to do, like class prep for next week and writing my homily for tomorrow. (Why did I volunteer to preach the Sunday before classes start? What was I thinking?) If I were better organized, I'd have gotten all of that done already, but I'm not.

For another, I genuinely think we have a strong slate of Democrats, and I'd be happy with any of them.

And crowd scenes make my head hurt.

So I'll absolutely vote in November, and I'll follow today's results with great interest. But I'm not going.

Mea culpa.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too guilty, I'm not going either. But, I am very interested in this election so I'm following the news pretty closely. And I'll definitely vote! Even though I usually vote a mostly Republican ticket this time I think I'll be voting for a Democratic president because I like the choices there better.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.