Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mom's Home!

The CT did show "some pneumonia," but I don't think it showed anything else. I'm not positive about this, since Mom doesn't ask medical questions or tend to retain medical information. She's been referred to her primary-care doc for follow-up, and she has to have some more scans in a month or so, but I think maybe they were scheduled anyway.

In the meantime, though, she's home, and glad to be there, although she's feeling exhausted and very disoriented.

Thanks to all who've been thinking of and praying for us; please keep that positive energy coming!

And in other news, the bishop's visiting our parish on Maundy Thursday, when I'm scheduled to preach; so I may get to preach for him again, unless he wants to preach this time. I've also been asked -- by someone in our parish who's on our Commission on Ministry -- if I'd be interested in team-teaching a Preachers-in-Training course. I'm a little cautious because it's a three-year commitment, and it's not like I don't have enough else to do, but it would be fun, and I think it's only one class a month. So I've said that I certainly wouldn't rule it out, but that I want to get more details.


  1. Glad to hear your Mom is back home. Also that there are no extra concerns besides the pneumonia. Prayers will continue.

    I remember hearing about your preaching training. Is there anything you'd do differently?


  2. Hi, Lee! I had an excellent teacher; I just hope I could do half as well!

  3. Cool, I guess. ("Some pneumonia" is like "it abides" not "it's likely to grow," right?)

    Glad that she's out; hope it gets all better.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.