Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Liz!


Today's my sister's birthday. Here she is wearing the shawl I made her, along with the matching shirt and earrings I sent. The shawl's larger than the others I've made -- twenty-five inches wide rather than twenty, and correspondingly longer -- and it took a lot of time, so I was very relieved when she told me how much she likes it!

In this shot, you can see the length. I was afraid that she'd think the colors are too garish, but she says she likes them. And when I apologized for the errors in the shawl, she said, "Pshaw!"

Harley helped me make this shawl by sitting on top of it and kneading it while I was knitting. The yarn was soft to begin with, and is now softer due to an infusion of cat hair. But there are six cats in my sister's household, so I figured she wouldn't mind.

Happy birthday, big sister! I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Those are really nice pictures of your sister. I can see the family resemblance. The shawl looks great! The colors are gorgeous. I'm glad she liked it.

    Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.