Monday, December 17, 2007

More Knitgeekery

Although I don't like Lion Brand yarn, they have a fabulous website, including e-cards featuring knitting and crocheting images. This painting is by Vincent Van Gogh.

They also have a section of parody cards: the Mona Lisa knitting, that kind of thing. But I prefer the classics!

One of their images is an ad for a WWI popular song called, "I Wonder Who's Knitting for Me?" I sent that to Gary, to go along with the WWI balaclava. They also have the oldest known portrayal of knitting, at least in the West: the Madonna knitting Christ's seamless garment on four DPNs. I'm going to use that in my Christmas homily. What fun!

In other news, I just booked a flight to go back to Philly for a week in January. These days, I like to visit my parents whenever I can. Best of all, the fare was only $288! And I'm flying through Phoenix -- which, with any luck, means I won't get stuck in blizzards -- with plenty of time to make connections. Nothing's a guarantee of a smooth trip this time of year, but I've done as much as I can.

And I can knit on the flights. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.