Sunday, December 09, 2007

Brief Update

I've been meaning to post more, but it hasn't been happening. The last day of classes is tomorrow, but various kinds of committee work -- several involving heavy reading -- continue until the 19th. There's also, of course, grading, and tomorrow's the deadline for applications to my spring fiction workshop, which means that I have a pile of manuscripts to read and weigh. My semester will end late this year!

So what did I do yesterday? Christmas shopping! Most was online; some was at a local art gallery that's nowhere near any malls. (My holiday resolutions include not going near shopping malls until mid-January at the earliest.) The good news is that I'm now done, although I may still pick up a few impulse items for Gary. The bad news is that none of the academic stuff got done yesterday, despite my best intentions. Aaaaargh!


  1. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Oh my -. Your last paragraph sounds exactly like me!

  2. Hi, I picked up The Fate of Mice from Change of Hobbit in Berkeley, and I suddenly find myself a fan of yours!

    I just wanted to say thanks, for such an interesting and thoughtful book of short stories... and thanks to the internet, I can!

  3. Thanks so much for the kind words, Emma! I'm glad you enjoyed the stories!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.