Monday, November 05, 2007

Shelter on Amazon's Top 10 SF/F List for 2007

Shelter is number six on Amazon's list of the top ten science fiction/fantasy books of 2007. Woo-hoo!

I've known about this for a while, but I wasn't allowed to say anything until the list went live. The SF/F editor at Amazon is Jeff VanderMeer, who wrote the Washington Post review; he e-mailed me about this last week and said that while he has some problems with the novel, he put it on the list because its characters and situations have stuck with him to an unusual extent. He thanked me for writing a book that made him think and feel so much.

You're very welcome, sir!

I am, of course, tickled pink, although I wish a) that the list was easier to find on Amazon and b) that Amazon didn't insist on using the cluless PW review, rather than one of the better ones. Shouldn't they include VanderMeer's opinion, rather than PW's?

Oh well. Small problems, to be sure. I hope this lovely mention boosts sales!


  1. Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that. I think it is entirely deserved.

  2. Congratulations Susan! Good news and totally deserved! Way to go!


  3. Congratulations. This is so well deserved- 'Shelter' has been calling to be re-read just months after I finished it, which is unusual. Books usually like to be aged several years before re-reading.

  4. Congratulations! And now that Doris Lessing has won the Nobel for Literature, you've got a chance too. :)

  5. Whee!!! Congratulations!!!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.