Science Fiction. Progressive Christianity. And Other Improbable Optimisms.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Reading Reminder!
For anyone in California, please remember that I'm reading tonight at the Sacramento Poetry Center, with the brilliant Ellen Klages. SPC's website says our reading was last Monday, but that's incorrect. It's tonight.
Former English professor, changing careers to go into social work. SF/fantasy writer. Episcopalian. Licensed lay preacher. Hospital volunteer offering spiritual care in the ER. Spinner, weaver, knitter.
And a few other things, less easily labeled. The title of this blog is a phrase John Clute used to describe the plots of my first two novels. It both amused and annoyed me, and I finally decided to reclaim it as a badge of honor. Would you prefer rickety contrivances of doing bad?
Ok, I just read about the 5.8 earthquake in LA, CA. Susan, are you ok?
ReplyDeletePrayers ascending for California and you too if necessary.
Hope!
Lee
We're fine -- we're hundreds of miles from there and didn't feel a thing, but thanks for checking!
ReplyDelete