Monday, July 07, 2008

Best. News story. Ever.

Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." (Matthew 19:21)

I don't know this family's religious beliefs, but whatever they believe in, I'm AMENing it. Way to live the Gospel!

They put me to shame. But then, they put just about everybody I've ever heard of to shame, with the possible exception of St. Francis.


Let's pray that the house sells, and that they get what it's worth.


  1. That IS inspiring, Susan! Wouldn't it be nice if all our celebrities and CEOs would find it in their hearts to do the same?


  2. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Wow. What a wonderful idea and what a great family.
    I've mulled over the idea of saving up for items I want but don't need, like jewelry or electronics, and then when I have the ready cash, donating it to charity and clipping a pic of the item and putting it in an album with a note of where the money went, but I haven't put it into practice yet.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.