Saturday, May 31, 2008

Okay, Now I'm Tired


Today I woke up at five a.m., worked on the book for two and a half hours, got to the gym at eight and swam for forty minutes, went briefly to work to look for documents that weren't there, went shopping for an upcoming family birthday, came home and ate lunch, read, knitted, talked to my mother and sister on the phone, went grocery shopping, came home and ate dinner, read some more, and answered some e-mail (and fear that I may have permanently antagonized one correspondent, something I seem to be very good at).

I'm wiped.

Note to self: don't answer e-mail when tired. But then, when would I answer e-mail?

Anyway, I'm happy with the work on the book. A few more pieces fell into place today: one big piece (realizing that an entire chapter, much later on, needs to be from a different POV) and one smaller piece (figuring out how two different motivations of a main character are connected). This is all good. Whether the ensuing prose is any good remains to be seen, but that's what revision is for.

Good night! I hope I wake up really early tomorrow, too, so I can get some work in before church.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Busy day, Susan. With your skill in writing I've no doubt that the "ensuing prose" will be excellent. Thank you so much for sharing the thoughts, analysis, and perspectives you use when writing a book. I find them fascinating and educational. Will you please share more of them?

    Hope! & Joy!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.