Tuesday, May 27, 2008

About that WisCon Stomach Flu

I now have a raging case. Since last night, I've had chills, muscle aches, low-grade fever, and an inability to keep down solid food. I'm so weak that opening a Tupperware container this morning was a major challenge. There's also been one unfortunate sheet-soiling: Gary, God bless him, is being a saint about laundry, setting up a sickroom for me in my study, and bringing me liquids. (He's also washing his hands a lot!)


I called my GI doc to see if I should postpone Friday's procedure; the nurse said that if I don't turn around tomorrow, they can reschedule. She also said -- which I would have remembered had my brain been functioning better -- that among the liquids I should be pushing are electrolyte-rich drinks like Gatorade and SmartWater. Gary had already begun the walk to the grocery store to get me applesauce, bananas and Saltines, and I won't have the heart to send him out again when he gets back, but maybe I can ask a friend to do it for me.


Still no sign of my suitcase, but that's the last of my concerns right now. I'm just grateful this thing held off until I was done traveling!


  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Oh, that is terrible! I was feeling sorry for myself over the cold I brought back, but now, not so much.
    Get better soon.

  2. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Dear Susan,

    So sorry to hear you are so sick, and hope you get well soon.


  3. Anonymous7:36 PM

    I don't know you, but I too brought home the Wiscon stomach flu. I found you while doing a websearch for "Wiscon stomach flu" and decided to leave my mark. Feel better soon!


  4. I'm so sorry you got it, too. It was very nasty, but I was pleased at how the con com made sure everyone knew (signage everywhere) and had hand sanitizer at all the parties.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.