Friday, May 30, 2008

All's Well

The prep this morning went very easily, since I've eaten so little solid food this week, and the procedure went fine, once they managed to get a good IV (I suspect I may have been a bit dehydrated from the week's adventures). Evidently my stomach lining looked red -- no surprise! -- so they're biopsying both that and the one intestinal polyp they found. My doc wants to see me for a follow-up appointment at the end of June.

At least, this is all what I'm told, both by the paperwork I was given and by Sharon, who was with me when the doctor spoke to me. I have no memory of that conversation, and on the ride home, I kept forgetting what Sharon had told me and asking her the same questions. I've had amnesia after Versed before, but this was a bit extreme! I'm chalking it up to having had two procedures on the same day, plus general fatigue from the week.

I came home, ate a yummy lunch, and crashed. I lay down for a nap at 3:00 or so and slept until 7:30. Somewhere in there, my bishop called to make an appointment to talk to me in July. I think I remember that conversation, but I've e-mailed him just to make sure.

I've now had a yummy dinner and watched an episode of ER with Gary. (I read Lit&Med material during my prep this morning; you could say this has been Medicine Theme Day.) I've read and knitted today -- the body of my cousin's shawl is done -- but, alas, haven't written, although I did do some prep work to write tomorrow.

Speaking of my cousin, he e-mailed today to say that he's feeling a bit better after the latest chemo cycle. They swapped out the drug that was causing the most nerve damage for another he seems to be tolerating more easily. So that was good news!

And now, silly as it sounds, I'm going back to bed! And in the morning, I'll have more YUMMY FOOD! And coffee! And then I'll swim!


  1. Wonderful! Susan, you sound all better! :) What's for breakfast?


  2. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Glad everything went well.

  3. Hey, Mazel tov! I'm surprised that Versed did a number on your memory, but it is a benzodiazepene, innit? I guess that's why the marketers of Propafol emphasize that it'll allow patients to remember what you tell 'em.

  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    So glad to hear that all went well, and also that you are once again eating yummy food,



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.