Sunday, October 07, 2007


The Blessing of the Animals went very well, and I got some great pictures, which I'll try to post tomorrow.

My homily went . . . okay. I may post it or may not; it's not one of my favorites.

Because I've spent entirely too much fracking time knitting this week, I haven't gotten other stuff done. Exercise, sleep and grading have all suffered, and as a result -- entirely predictable! you have no one to blame but yourself, Susan! -- I once again felt like a warmed-over cowpie this morning, moodwise.

Swimming helped, as it always does (moral of this story: don't skip exercise!) but the next priority is to get to sleep before midnight. I got tomorrow's absolutely essential grading done tonight, and will probably get more done tomorrow morning; but right now, I need to get to bed.

I thought I could do the grading and have time to write a Grand Rounds submission, but it wasn't meant to be. Which means I'll miss GR this week, which means that I'll undoubtedly wind up back in TTLB microorganism land. Oh well. I've evolved before, and can evolve again.

That will teach me to acquire a new hobby in the middle of the semester. What was I thinking?


  1. Susan, you were thinking of a way to manage stress and of gifts for friends. The best of reasons! As teachers the professional standards require us to create in our lives the mechanisms necessary to manage stress and the other challenges that come with teaching. You are doing what you should be doing. No one said it was easy...just necessary.


  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    a warmed-over cowpie Wow Susan, you're beginning to sound like a westener! way to go girl.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.