Monday, July 09, 2007

Seven Weeks


Today is seven weeks since Doug Henry vanished.

Yesterday I called Beth. The car's been processed, and the crime lab found nothing, so the car's back at her house. The police finally told her where they found the car: Boundary Peak, the highest mountain in Nevada. She drove out there. "It's pretty remote," she told me.

She's gone back to work. She says the police still have her computer, but that when they return it, "they'll be done with me." The police have no leads and are moving on to other cases. Beth's trying to figure out how to move on with her life.

Last Sunday was her and Doug's first wedding anniversary.

I don't know if we'll ever learn anything else. If we do, I'll post it.

2 comments:

  1. This just seems to get stranger and stranger. Why on earth would he be out there? My heart goes out to your friend. I hope she can find some kind of solace and a way to live with the not knowing.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't help it. I first got an e-mail forwarded from so and so to so and so about a missing man from Reno.

    I have posted a couple of stories about Doug to help the effort. I just cannot believe that a man is missing in our community that made only one blurb on the news, and then nothing.

    I have linked you, and the news, and tonight I sent an e-mail to Greta Van Susteren from Fox News to see if some coverage could be gained.

    I don't know one single person remotely related to this missing person. I just know that if I were missing, and I were a parent and a husband or wife, I would certainly hope that more people would be concerned about what happened to me than seem to be concerned with what happened to Doug.

    I think something is "fishy in Denmark". I hope all his loved ones get some answers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.