Thursday, January 18, 2007

Several Cat-Related Updates

Figaro, as you can see, thinks it's great fun to try to fit himself into Balthazar's bed. Why are cats so fond of spaces much too small for them? The other day, Harley crawled headfirst into a small wastebasket -- he's a pretty big cat -- and wound up with his rump and tail sticking out. Sort of like someone at a party wearing a lampshade, upside down.

Bali's still running around like a complete maniac, but in the meantime, he's really started sneezing a lot. I'm now terrified that the other cats will get sick. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'm the original worried cat mom. Can you imagine if I had human children? I'd be a wreck!

And in very happy writing news, today I found an excellent review of The Fate of Mice. It's here; you have to scroll down past the Marillier review to get to mine.

And no, I don't know why this site is called the Agony Column. I've corresponded a bit with the editor, Rick Kleffel, and he's very nice, but I haven't gotten around to asking him that question yet. Rick, if you wrote this review, thank you!

The Publisher's Weekly review will be out on Monday. I'm on the proverbial tenterhooks, as you can probably imagine.


  1. Wow...they had a good perspective on you AND the book. I'm waiting with bated breath for the book hitting the shelves. Sorry if my memory is bad but have you mentioned a release date yet? Amazon doesn't.


  2. Congrats on the wonderful review!

  3. Thank you, ladies! Lee, the official release date is February 15 (it is on the Amazon site, under "product details").


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.