Monday, January 08, 2007

Balthazar's Home!

We just got home fifteen minutes ago. His temp was down to 102.6 this morning, which is just a hair above normal. Yay!

The first thing he did when he got home was to eat as if he'd never seen food before. Now he's curled up on the back of my neck, purring (I'm hunched over my keyboard). I guess his trauma hasn't made him hate people! The folks at Animal Emergency commented on what a sweet cat he is: as much as they poked and prodded him, he'd curl up in their hands and purr.

Tomorrow morning he'll go to the regular vet for what was supposed to be a first set of immunizations, but will now be a post-hospital checkup, since he can't get shots until he's off the antibiotics.

Thanks to everybody for the e-mails, comments and prayers. They helped!


  1. Congratulations! Am just tuning in now, so glad for the happy ending.

  2. I am so happy that Balthazar is home and feeling better! I love kitten purrs. They are so loud!

  3. Yay! Welcome home Balthazar! I hope he likes his regular vet as much as he liked the ED vets.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.