Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Grand Rounds, and an Unpleasant Resolution


This week's Grand Rounds is up, with a theme of exploding things, complete with musical accompaniment. I'm honored to be included, although I do hope my post doesn't make anyone's head explode.

My New Year's resolution, unfortunately, is to bite the bullet and make an appointment to see an actual psychiatrist for meds evaluation, as per my therapist's nagging. The arrival of 2007 didn't have the happy effect on my mood that the new year usually does, and I'm getting tired of feeling like I've been hit by a truck (although at the moment, that may have something to do with the fact that the seven-concerts-in-four-days chamber-music festival badly messed with my exercise schedule; I finally got a walk in yesterday, and feel somewhat better today). Therapist informs me that it takes a month to get in to see Shrink-of-Choice, so I have an out: if I make the appointment and then start feeling much better, I can cancel.

Have I mentioned that chronic medical conditions are really annoying? Yes, I know: this isn't exactly news.

The current bad mood is strongly tied to the fact that I've been very inefficient about getting necessary work done (blogging doesn't count!). As Gary points out, that's partly because of the Shelter copyedits, which I didn't expect to show up when they did, but which are finally done. So it's not like I haven't done anything. It's just that, after going through 574 pages of small type with the proverbial fine-toothed comb, I'm still looking at a mountain of other work.

In the meantime, I have an 8:00 a.m. appointment this morning with Primary Doc. Oh, and we may finally get a new kitty today (yet another distraction I want, but don't need). If so, I'll definitely be posting pictures.

Gotta go shower. Have a good day, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. You're in my prayers, Susan! I'm sorry the depression is giving you so much trouble.

    Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, babe. The right meds are a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.