Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday


Aw, heck, so I got snoped with the Julie Andrews thing. I feel kind of silly. On the other hand, it's one of those stories one wants to believe. I almost wish I didn't know it was an urban legend (and I wish she hadn't lost her voice!).

Last night we had eight friends over to watch the three-hour Battlestar Galactica miniseries. Unfortunately, I think a number of them were distracted by Balthazar, who had absolutely no fear of a roomful of strangers. He merrily climbed all over all of us, with occasional forays into the munchies: a couple of us spent time juggling containers of food so he wouldn't get into them, and he had a deliriously happy few minutes batting a piece of popcorn around the floor. At one particularly tense moment in the miniseries, I heard a yelp from one of our friends; I thought she was reacting to what was happening on screen, but no, Bali was climbing up her leg. (The big cats, meanwhile, had fled upstairs, and were probably thinking, "Oh, good, he's picking on the humans for a change!")

I hope our friends will be willing to come back. They probably traded exasperated comments about the cat once they'd left. Maybe we should lock him in another room next time.

Today I got up, got a bunch of work done (yay!), went for a walk (yay!), came home and tried to get more work done and couldn't (boo!), and then gave up and watched two episodes of Supernatural with Gary. We've now watched the first four episodes, and have decided not to watch any more; all four episodes had gaping plot-logic holes, and we don't find the two main characters that interesting.

Nertz. Oh well. There are enough good shows out there; we don't need to watch mediocre ones.

So, as you can see, I'm leading a monumentally eventful life. On the other hand, sometimes boring is soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.