Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Grand Rounds. Carnival of Hope. Various Updates

This week's Grand Rounds is up! Because of the cat crisis this weekend, I missed the submission deadline; this is the first time I haven't been in Grand Rounds since I started submitting. Oh well. There's always next week!

And speaking of blog carnivals, please remember that the deadline for this month's Carnival of Hope, with a January theme of "new beginnings," is this coming Thursday, January 11, at 5:00 PM PST.

Cat update: We just took Balthazar for his post-hospital checkup, and he's fine. His temperature was normal, and the vet said he looked good. Yesterday I'd noticed some clumsiness and head tremors; today he seems fine, but she said I should keep an eye out for that, since various things can cause neurological deficits in kittens.

I haven't had a chance to get back to the ED sonnets, although I want to. Work is very busy right now, and will be for the next two weeks at least; I may actually get a bit of a break when classes start on the 22nd.

And on that note, off to the office!


  1. I'm truly scared to hear tat things might be less busy for you when classes start. That says quite a bit about a professor's life that many stdents may not know.

    I am glad your kittie seems to be doing better, and my prayers are still with you.

  2. Glad that kitty is better, yay!

  3. I'm glad to hear that Balthazar is doing so much better. Since you saw head tremors, I'll keep him in my prayers for a bit longer.

    I hope your schedule does settle down. I've made one trip to the university and it looks like I'll have to make another one tomorrow. Uck!

  4. Oh, heavens! Poor kitty, and poor you!I am just catching up with the traumatic weekend, and so glad the little fellow is doing better. Hope he keeps it up!!!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.