Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still Still in Reno


Dad's been pronounced stable enough to travel, and the cardiologist in SF has formally accepted him. I was at the hospital when these things happened this morning, and the very nice ICU doc said, "Are you ready to go? You need to be ready."

So I raced home, finished packing, and calculated how late we could leave and still have light getting across the mountains.

All to no avail, because a bed never opened up. The day nurse told Dad he'd probably go next week. The night nurse told him he'll go whenever a bed becomes available (which could mean tomorrow or over the weekend, theoretically).

Que sera sera, but this "hurry up and wait" business is becoming very draining.

3 comments:

  1. "Draining"? You're being really nice about this, Susan. I'd be pacing the floor and venting to the sky, not that it would do any good beyond stress relief. I'll keep on praying and hope that you find time for a nice long walk between now and when ever they do decide to transport your Dad.

    When that happens I hope all goes smoothly for all of you.

    Peace! & Hope!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 AM

    Dear Susan,

    Thank you for sharing your news - I am sorry that this is becoming such a slog.

    At the risk of telling you things you already know, let me share the key phrases that get me through tough times myself.

    Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

    One step at a time.

    Baby steps.

    Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

    Thinking of you,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:52 AM

    COURAGE

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.