Science Fiction. Progressive Christianity. And Other Improbable Optimisms.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Not Quite Yet
Well, SF doesn't have an ICU bed, so Reno's trying to wean Dad off his dopamine drip so he can go to a telemetry bed instead. However, his nurse told me that she doesn't think they'll be able to wean him very quickly.
I'll stay tuned. Maybe his body needs a bit more recovery time before it faces the change of venue, the procedure, and surgery. Sometimes delays can be a good thing.
O for the love of Pete. How long before they will have an ICU bed? He will need to be in a cardiac unit AFTER the procedure I would think? So putting him on a tele unit seems like kind of a waste. I'd be spitting nails if I were you. Keep on keeping on... Prayers for all of you.
Former English professor, changing careers to go into social work. SF/fantasy writer. Episcopalian. Licensed lay preacher. Hospital volunteer offering spiritual care in the ER. Spinner, weaver, knitter.
And a few other things, less easily labeled. The title of this blog is a phrase John Clute used to describe the plots of my first two novels. It both amused and annoyed me, and I finally decided to reclaim it as a badge of honor. Would you prefer rickety contrivances of doing bad?
I'll stay tuned. Maybe his body needs a bit more recovery time before it faces the change of venue, the procedure, and surgery. Sometimes delays can be a good thing.
ReplyDeletePeace! & Hope!
Lee
O for the love of Pete. How long before they will have an ICU bed? He will need to be in a cardiac unit AFTER the procedure I would think? So putting him on a tele unit seems like kind of a waste. I'd be spitting nails if I were you. Keep on keeping on... Prayers for all of you.
ReplyDelete