Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Autumn!


Today's the autumnal equinox. We don't get New England style color here in Reno, but the ivy outside my office window turns bright red, and the aspens go golden and glorious. It's a beautiful time of year.

I hope everyone's fall season will bring abundant harvests!

I got an unexpected windfall this morning in the form of this e-mail from Jonathan Strahan:
Dear Susan,

I am writing to you because I would very much like to reprint your story "Sorrel's Heart" in The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Vol 2, which will be published by Night Shade Books in March 2008.

If that sounds okay, please let me know and I'll arrange for contracts to be sent out this week.

Best

Jonathan
What, like I'm going to say no? Jeez!

I'm very happy. Longtime readers will recall that this is the story I wrote on muscle relaxants after a back spasm. Fortunately, I've had other stories in "Year's Best" collections, and none of those were written on drugs, or I might be getting entirely the wrong idea!

4 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.