Saturday, August 29, 2009

Skype Rules!


Today my sister and mother and I talked via video on Skype. It was great to see them, especially Mom, who really enjoyed the experience. I carried my netbook around the house and used the webcam to show her things: cats, the huge pinecones produced by the tree in our yard (which was a wee sapling when we moved in twelve years ago), socks I'm knitting.

All in all, much better than the phone! We're going to try to Skype at least once a week from now on.

Speaking of socks, I've started a pair in a simple lace pattern for my friend Marin. They're a lot of fun. This afternoon I called my local yarn store to try to track down copies of two knitting books I want; the shop didn't have them, but Gary said, "What were those books? Someone told me you have a birthday coming up."

Indeed I do, on September 7. This year, my birthday and our wedding anniversary are both federal holidays. Cool!

So I have a feeling I'll have some new knitting books soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.