Sunday, August 02, 2009


We just had a terrific cloudburst here, which brought with it pea-sized hail. The air's now much cooler than it was. Ahhhhhh!

In other cool-weather news, last week I finished the Bride of the Sock that Ate Reno, although something went wrong with the heel-turning and one of the seams is inside out. I think I know what I did wrong, though.

I've now started a (much!) smaller pair of thick woolen socks, in a lovely teal blue, for myself. If those turn out okay, I'll make some socks for Gary. I asked him what color he wanted and he said "beige," which is the color he always wants. "Meyer beige" is a joke around here.

I wish I could just knit tonight, but unfortunately, I have gobs and gobs of work to do. Miles to go before I sleep . . . but since I conked out after church and slept all afternoon, that should be less of a hardship than it would be otherwise!


  1. It's hard to get excited about beige.

  2. Maybe you could make it a beige and white striped sock? That would be a little more exciting.

    Yay for the nice weather!

    A lady at my church mentioned she was thinking about starting a knitting club there. If she does I'm assuming there will be those to help us who are hopeless at that art. Now if it will only be scheduled when I have time to attend.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.