Friday, August 14, 2009

Lazy Friday


I didn't write today. My bad.

I did hand in my summer grades: late, to my mortification, since I'd misread the instruction sheet, but Admissions & Records accepted them anyway. Thank goodness, since otherwise I'd have had to fill out seventeen change-of-grade forms.

Then I swam for forty-five minutes.

Then I met my friend Marin for coffee. Naturally I'd brought knitting, and she admired the finished pink sock so much that I offered to make her some socks. We'll go yarn shopping when I've finished the pink pair and Gary's hiking socks. She's allergic to wool, so I'll probably wind up working in a cotton blend. A new fiber! Goody!

After coffee, Gary and I went to Trader Joe's, where Marin was also shopping. Great minds think alike! We came home, unloaded groceries, and went out for pizza (with soy cheese for me) to celebrate the end of the summer course. Then we watched the end of Battlestar Galactica. No more Galactica! What will we do?

We'll watch season three of Dexter, and season two of Heroes, and season three of Big Love, and season eight of Scrubs, and season nine of ER, and the Torchwood miniseries, and by the time we get through all of that, there will be an entirely new set of things to watch, and I'll have knitted many socks.

We'll miss Galactica, though, just as we still miss Buffy. We own both shows, either in their entirety or in huge chunks, and Gary's been working his way through Buffy again, but there's just something about knowing that there won't be any new episodes. (Although I hear a full-length BSG movie is in the works.)

Sigh. The road goes ever on and on.

3 comments:

  1. Susan, if you keep on knitting like this people will be calling it your avocation. LOL

    What to watch when Galactica is no longer on? Hmmm...I've enjoyed ReGenesis and the start of Defying Gravity. I've seen all of Torchwood and hope they go for a 3rd season but have my doubts about that. Have you considered Primeval? Not any award winning acting there but scifi fun anyway.

    Hugs,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44 AM

    The Buffy graphic novels, which Whedon calls Season Eight, are quite good Buffy methadone. Just search "buffy season eight" on Amazon.

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:08 PM

    Susan,
    You know I live to influence others to watch Slings & Arrows. You've heard us pitch it. If you add it to your list you'll thank me, I promise.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.