Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Look, Ma, No Holes!


This, my friend, is a sock heel with no holes, thanks to Wendy Johnson, the Goddess of Socks. I don't have the book -- yet -- but somebody at Ravelry pointed me towards her heel-turning technique, and it works! Hallelujah!

Now I just hope the sock will fit!

In other happy news, tomorrow I give my Tolkien final. Of course, the semester starts a week from Monday and I'm already ridiculously behind, thanks to sock-knitting, but, as I always tell myself, Everything Will Get Done Somehow. And in the meantime, I won't be falling out of my socks.

Oh, note to Lee: on the previous pair, the good bind-off is actually the one on the right, not the left. The left looks neater, but that's because it's a tight weave, which means that getting the sock on your foot is difficult and uncomfortable. On the right-hand sock, I used a much stretchier bind-off, so the sock goes on and off without any trouble. Not as pretty, but much more comfy!

1 comment:

  1. Well, yeah, I can see how cutting off circulation with a too tight binding might be a not good thing. Thanks, Susan!

    Are you going to knit some to color match your favorite scrubs? That would be fun and cheeful. And warm in winter!

    Hugs!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.