Saturday, June 06, 2009

Technical Details


Just after I posted last night about my wonderful iGoogle home page, the whole thing disappeared and reverted to a bland classic Google format. Gary and I scoured the net for all the info we could find on the subject, and got nowhere -- the restore feature took me back too far, and my cookies were fine -- so this morning, I had to recreate the whole thing. What a pain!

I now have even more new and wonderful gadgets, though, including one that will allow me to write blog posts straight from the iGoogle page (as I'm doing now). I can also read my AOL mail straight from the page and search the UNR library catalog. Very handy! And before anybody tells me to switch to some other e-mail program: I've had AOL since 1995 or thereabouts, and I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my e-mail address. Okay?

So, anyhow, I'm very happy with the latest setup. I just hope it stays put!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.