Thursday, June 04, 2009

Wheeee!


I'm blogging from my new Samsung N110, a darling little computer: pretty, fast, convenient. I'm naming her Sally Samsung. She's going to be perfect for travel.

Gary and I have been having a great time with his mom. Yesterday we went to see Mama Mia at the performing arts center, and tonight we're going to a musical at a small local theater. Today, Doris and I went to the big, fancy mall south of town and shopped. She got a dress she really likes, and I got a skirt, five tops and a bracelet, all on sale.

Gary had stayed home to wait for Sally to arrive; when Doris and I got back, he had her all set up for me. She's truly a thing of beauty.

On the less positive side, my knee's been very cranky for days now (probably partly because we've had unprecedented amounts of rain, with thunderstorms five days in a row), and this morning, it was swollen for the first time. Not badly swollen, but Gary could see it, and the knee's definitely been stiff all day.

Grumble grumble. I hope it behaves itself while I'm traveling!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Sally! Are we saying a fond farewell to Vera, Susan? I hope she found a good home. Recycled computers are such a blessing to those who receive them.

    Glad to hear you, Doris, and Gary are having so much fun! Company is a nice excuse to get out and about isn't it?

    Prayers ascending for your knee. Have your doctors decided on the cause yet?

    Hugs!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: you knee (and mine, for that matter) -- I've found glycosamine supplements really do work. You want the 2000mg dosage. When taking them, the pain fades slowly and after a while I thought, hmmm, are these really helping? And then I ran out and didn't buy more for three weeks and had the old pain and thought, Oh, yeah, they are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lee! No, not saying goodbye to Vera yet. We tend to keep old computers around for a while, at least until we're sure we no longer need anything on them.

    As far as I know, the knee problem really is arthritis.

    Inez: Yep, I've been on glucosamine for years now, and it indeed helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:40 AM

    For what it's worth, I have a number of friends who swear by daily doses of fish oil, especially organic fish oil. Hope your knee is feeling at least a little better in spite of all the rain.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.