Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And I'm Off!

I'm blogging from the airport, waiting for my 6:30 flight. I got up at 3:30 after getting to bed at 12. Ick. And I'd tried to start packing early this time, too, but as usual, packing expanded to take up all time available to it. Also as usual, my vows to pack lightly disintegrated. I'm traveling with enough stuff for a three-month European tour. Since this trip will involve many smaller interim trips (Philly to NYC, NYC to Amherst, various subway journeys), I may very well wind up regretting that even more than usual.

I didn't accomplish everything I'd meant to before I left, but I got the absolutely most crucial stuff done. That will have to be Good Enough.

So far, Sally's a splendid travel machine. Yay, Sally!

Last night, my knee, hip and back were all screaming. They seem to be better today, although since last night, I've had a horrible taste in my mouth, which has withstood several rounds of toothpaste as well as water, etc. Weird.

I'll blog as I'm able. Be good, everybody!


  1. Prayers for safe travel, Susan. And that you have a darn good time!


  2. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Susan, I have had a similar problem several times. The taste was metallic, and it was unrelenting. I brought the problem to my dentist, who diagnosed trench mouth.

    It's caused by stress. The same stomach acids that make ulcers so much fun were using my gums as a playground. There's no treatment, and a bout generally lasts 10 to 14 days. Impeccable oral hygeine is the order of the day.

    My last bout was only 5 days--because, I think, the major stressor magically diffused overnight.


  3. Eeewwww about the awful taste. Hope that clears quickly and hope the joints etc. settle down. Travel safe! and a tip o' the hat to Sally.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.