Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Why We Don't Decorate for the Holidays


The kitties do enjoy romping among the wrapping paper and ribbons, though. And boxes! Boxes are kitty heaven! So it's not as if we won't be giving them opportunities for mayhem.

On another holiday note, if you're a Battlestar Galactica fan, here's the funniest YouTube ever. (If you aren't a BSG fan, you won't get it.)

I'm supposed to get my car back around noon today. Keep your fingers crossed! It turns out that I did need a new wheel -- I could have told them that, just from how the car was driving -- but they threw in a free oil change. I'd been teasing the garage lady about how she should give me a free oil change, but I didn't think she'd actually do it. That was really nice of her.

4 comments:

  1. Good thinking, Susan! I still remember when my cat chewed through a string of Christmas lights which were plugged in. The electricity gave her a fair jolt and afterwards she ran 3 times across the room walls, visited her litter box, her food bowl and then sat and groomed for the longest time. After that we moved the cord out of reach and made sure she was trained to stay away from the tree. Thank God it wasn't worse!

    Merry Xmas to you, Gary and the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was living with my parents, I remember how unutterably festive it was every year when the cats consumed tinsel from the tree and later walked around with it dangling from their rear ends.

    (Don't try this at home -- the tinsel could form a clump in their intestines, resulting in some expensive veterinary surgery.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting BSG link - that made my afternoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:03 PM

    Susan, I trust when you once again have your car you'll put winter emergency stuff in it. You know, boots, coat, hat, gloves, flashlight and maybe a few granola bars. Your hill has not changed, and it's still only the beginning of winter. Be safe.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.