Thursday, December 21, 2006

Better Late Than Never


As of 8:00 this evening, I have finally -- after only two years and three months -- completed the 400 volunteer hours that I would have done in seven months if I'd stayed in CPE.

Woo-hoo! Go, me! (I go very slowly, but I go.)

And tonight's shift was awesome, one of the ones where I'm in the zone and really feel as if I'm being used as an instrument of grace for patients. Those don't come along very often, so I need to treasure them when they do.

There will be more sonnets soon, I think.

In the meantime, you can imagine that exquisite creature on the right as me, eating a yummy snack from the meds room. Somebody brought in amazing homemade cookies tonight, and there were also See's Chocolates.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:10 AM

    Congratulations to you,
    Congratulations to you,
    Congratulations, dear Susan,
    Congratulations to you!

    And Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a Blessed Epiphany as well,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment and a very nice Christmas gift to self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well and good, Beloved. I'm certain you've learned as much, too, as if you'd stayed in CPE. Don't imagine I think that automatic: it is tribute to your capacity to learn. I've known all too many who didn't learn anything in one unit (or more) of CPE.

    Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! A wonderful Christmas to all of you, as well.

    Marshall: The advantage of dragging out the 400 hours over more than two years is that I've had lots of time for reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, baby!

    Be sure to commemorate the occasion with a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.