Monday, September 25, 2006


Via Electrolite, I just learned that John M. Ford has died. I didn't know him well, but we had some pleasant conversations at conventions. He was a charming man and a brilliant writer.

I also learned this morning that a long-time friend has died, a woman I knew only through the Internet and a few phone conversations. She'd been going through grueling cancer treatments for years; evidently her death was peaceful, but while it can't exactly be called unexpected, it's a huge shock. She'd been hanging in there for so long that part of me thought she'd be around forever.

My prayers go out to their family and friends.

The universe is smaller today, and only love can make it larger again.


  1. Hi Susan,

    I'm sorry to hear of these losses. My prayers are with you today. I know losing someone unexpectedly or even if it's expected is hard. I pray you'll have the comfort you need today.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.