Friday, September 15, 2006

Random Acts of Love

On September 8, a Portland ER nurse named Susan Kuhnhausen returned home from work to discover an intruder with a hammer in her house. She proceeded to strangle him with her bare hands. I learned about this from GruntDoc. Moral of the story: Don't mess with emergency nurses!

But it turns out there's more. The intruder had been hired by Kuhnhausen's ex-husband to kill her. GruntDoc reports on the story here, and includes a link to an Oregonian article that includes Susan Kuhnhausen's new voicemail message:

"I'm not able to answer all the calls that I've received. I'm being comforted by your concern and your support. I want you to know that our lives are all at risk for random acts, but more likely random acts of love will come your way than random acts of violence.

"I would encourage you all to follow guidelines for home security and personal safety and security. I love my neighborhood. This is my home. I feel safe here. Thank you all so much."

We're all at risk for random acts of love: how wonderful is that?

And how true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.