Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Birthday, with Balloons and Carnivals!

I'm forty-six today, and Reno is celebrating my birthday, as it often does, with giant balloons. The Great Reno Balloon Race is one of the delights of living here. Gary and I usually have a splendid view of the balloons from our house, and I can see some right now from my study window. (The event doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but today's a warm-up.) When the wind's right, they come right over the house; the previous owner had some land in the backyard. We've never seen that, but I did wake up one year to a Darth-Vader-breathing noise and discover a balloon right outside our bedroom window.

In blog carnival news, the latest Change of Shift is up over at Emergiblog. Thanks for including my post, Kim!

And please remember that the deadline for Carnival of Hope is fast approaching! Please e-mail your submissions to SusanPal(at)aol(dot)com by 5 PM Pacific time this coming Thursday, September 14.


  1. Happy, Happy Birthday, Susan! May all your days be glorious.

    Peace, Hope and Joy,

  2. Many, many happy returns of the day, with warmest regards from C and me.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.