Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Honolulu Here We Come!

I just booked our Spring Break trip to Honolulu. We'll be staying for eight nights in an oceanview room at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. The hotel's right across the street from a nice swimming beach. Oooh, la la! Even with the oceanview upgrade, the package came in siginifcantly under our flight-and-hotel budget for the trip, although of course food will be an extra expense. Eating in Hawai'i is a pricy proposition. We shouldn't need a car, though, since the hotel's in the middle of everything. If we do need a car, we can rent one for the day, since there's a rental desk right there.

Our basic plan, though, is to sleep in every morning, drink coffee for several hours on our lanai overlooking the water, and then amble down to the beach for a nice swim. I'm sure we'll get some snorkeling, hiking and shopping in while we're there, too, but those aren't the top priorities.

Ahhhhhh! I can feel that island air already!


  1. Eating in Hawaii: 37,000 ways to prepare Spam!

    Fortunately I like Spam. :)

  2. Actually, it's more like 37,000 ways to prepare fish. And they have cattle farms there, so there's good steak.

  3. I prefer liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

  4. Congratulations, Susan! Any encounters planned this trip?


  5. Thanks, Lee! I plan to encounter sea turtles if possible. I also believe there's someplace on Oahu where you can ride dolphins (have them pull you on their fins). That's really hokey and probably oppressive to the animals somehow, but I'm not sure I'd be able to resist if the opportunity presented itself!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.