Monday, February 04, 2008

Shawl Success

I just got home from work, and Gary said that his mom had called to thank me for the shawl. Evidently she just loves it, and is impressed that I taught myself to knit. I'm really delighted that she's so happy with it!

I wore my own shawl at work today, and a knitting colleague commented approvingly on how even my stitches are. That felt good.

I have four more shawls to go -- and the way these things work, new recipients will undoubtedly pop up -- and then I'm going to start Christmas knitting. That should keep me busy this summer!

I'd love to be able to get ahead a bit: to have some shawls in reserve, say. But I suspect that starting Christmas knitting in May or June will have to suffice!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad your Mom-in-law liked her shawl. It's great you've found something so mentally healthy to do. I think Sudokus are that for me.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.