Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tomorrow


Tomorrow's the second anniversary of my father's death, and the first day back to work after Spring Break: not an especially auspicious combination! I've felt tired and sad all day, although I did swim for an hour this afternoon. My weight basically held steady on the cruise -- I ate too much chocolate, but I also ate lots of fish and fruit, and got a decent amount of exercise -- but I still need to work on shedding some of it.

I'll probably be too busy tomorrow to think much about Dad, but I'll still be glad when the day's over. We got home yesterday to find a lovely note from Fran, marking the anniversary and talking about how much she loved Dad. That meant a lot to me. It's good to know that someone else is aware of the date, too, and thinks about him. I'll call Fran tomorrow if I have time.

It snowed most of today, which didn't help my mood. I believe we expect nasty weather through mid-week. Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to come back from such lovely weather to the remains of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Dear Susan,

    I'm so glad to hear you had a good vacation; so sorry to hear that you had to return to winter weather, hard work, and memories of your father's death.

    When you wrote a few days ago, that anniversary was about to be tomorrow. As I write today, that same anniversary has become yesterday. Time is a very funny thing.

    However the day was yesterday, and however you are today, I hope you're OK.

    Thinking of you,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.