Sunday, March 27, 2011

Get Well, Gary!

My hubby's sick! Last week, very uncharacteristically, he had a cold; we figured he'd picked it up from being around so many other people on the cruise. (He attributes the fact that he almost never gets sick to his treasured social isolation; he happily describes himself as a hermit.) Two days ago, he said he finally felt better, and yesterday he went for a short hike.

Last night, though, he went to bed unusually early, which worried me. This morning, he woke up and said he felt feverish. I took his temperature and it was 99.7, which is pretty high for an adult for first thing in the morning. So he took two Tylenol. I'll take his temp again at two and see how he's doing. I think the last time he had a fever was eleven years ago.

I really hope this isn't flu. I get a shot every year because I volunteer at the hospital, but Gary never does.

Send him good wishes, please!


  1. Good wishes are his for sure. A lot of us are fighting something off right now.

  2. Anonymous10:15 PM

    Dear Gary,

    I'm sorry to hear you're sick. I hope you get well soon!

    Thinking of you,



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.