Thursday, March 10, 2011

Getting Ready


I've now crammed almost every item of clothing I own, along with too many shoes, plus swimming and snorkel gear (swimsuits, snorkel, mask, and wetsuit) into my suitcase. We leave tomorrow afternoon, so I still have time to organize the carry-on stuff tomorrow morning. I'm not bringing my laptop; I'll probably buy one of the internet packages on the ship -- so I can scan messages for emergency e-mail from our cat-sitter or my sister -- and use the computers in the library. I may or may not blog.

Our prescription masks arrived yesterday, but to our great disappointment, Gary's didn't fit. He'll have to take his chances with whatever the shore-excursion people have on the rack. The cruise line assures me that corrective masks will indeed be available, but whether they'll be a good fit for Gary's eyes is another matter. He's done well in the past at Snorkel Bob's in Hawai'i, but I suspect the shore-excursion companies don't offer that large a selection.

My mask seems to fit very well, although I haven't tried it in actual water yet. The correction seems fine too, although these are straight diopters, and not lenses custom-ground to address my astigmatism.

I'm absolutely exhausted -- along with just about everyone else I know -- and I really need this trip. I hope we have good weather and lots of colorful marine life, and that warmth and sunshine revive both my brain and my spirits.

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be wonderful. Sun, sand, little fishies, colourful surroundings....fabulous. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your destination wasn't in the path of the tsunami...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.